Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Questions I've Been Asked

What's going on here?
I'm going to try to go on twelve dates this December. There isn't some fantastic story behind it. Basically, the name was funny: The Twelve Dates of Schmidtzmas. I'm single, it's something to do, it gives me something to talk about, and I'm not expecting to meet some perfect person, but I'll most likely meet some interesting people, and I'll have some stories when it's over.

Also, I've been meaning to write more often. I keep just not doing it. (I write a lot for work.) But because there is a deadline and almost a check-list, I can't really procrastinate.


Is this for real?

Yep.


Why are you doing this?

Because I did it five years ago and it was fun. I decided to do it at first because the name was funny to me. I decided to do it again because sometimes you do something twice. Also, people have asked if I'd do it again, and at first I thought they meant "Is this something you'd do again?" but it turned out that some of them meant "I liked reading it (for whatever reason) so will you do it again?"

Let's pretend this is my generous gift to society. It's the least I can do!


How are you meeting these people?
Lots of ways. Some of them will be from the internet (because it is 2015 and that's how we do things). Other people will be someone I might know from somewhere. Or maybe one of my friends will set me up with someone. Maybe I will meet someone from just like...however you meet people. You know....ways.


I've got a friend you should meet.
That isn't a question, but ok. Tell them to email me.


Do these people mind that you're writing about them?

Geeeez, I hope not. I'm telling everyone about the blog before we go out. They know I'm going to be writing about them.


Aren't you worried about weirdos?
Sure. But also, not really, no.


Aren't you worried about STDs?
What are you even talking about? How have multiple people asked me this?


What's your favorite pizza?A plain pie from Louie & Ernie's in the Bronx.

No comments:

Post a Comment