Sunday, April 24, 2011

Within the last twenty-four hours I have dropped this little computer twice. I just pulled it out from under my passenger seat, following a very pleasant scented car ride home, to find it a bottle of Fabreeze had opened and it was basically floating in a puddle.

This HP Mini was a Valentine's gift a few years ago and I have to say: I so thoroughly and entirely appreciate it. I have tried hard to be gentle, but even the word choice here is indicative of my wild and haphazard ways. Swift did an awesome job of selecting a cute little machine that can somehow stand up to my excessive abuse. I have been dragging this piece around in my bag for the better part of three years, maybe? I can say with certainty that, even though I wasn't the one to pay, it is absolutely worth every penny and I would gladly recommend one to anyone.

Also, I finally got around to buying a proper case. I would just sew a new one whenever I decided to retire clothes or found some fabric I liked. But about two weeks ago I sucked it up and got a case that's got a working zipper, and it's adequately padded and seems like it will protect my little robot-guy. Of course, I figured the week I spend money on it would naturally be the week it would finally just stop working. I'm happy to report that we're out of the woods in that regard. Sure, the space-bar sticks from time to time, but if that's the most about which I can complain, things are pretty bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment