Thursday, December 16, 2010

let's get down to business folks!!
i just spent 4.5 hours driving almost twenty miles.


borderline delirious. but: i'm determined to get everything up to date and make sense of my calendar. we're getting to the point where i'm getting down to the wire and for the first time in my life and trying NOT to procrastinate. years i spent just stalling until the last possible second. i'd start papers at 3:00am the day a paper is due.
yet for this crazy self-imposed assignment i'm attempting to be on the ball!


and so: without further adieu--



DATE#5: this is the guy i thought stood me up. (i need to get my act together.) he seems to be really funny with a ton of good stories. thus far i've been made aware of the carnival working and investigative reporting in kensington. i heard about his bodyguard and what he would and wouldn't give twenty dollars to experience. he's mentioned both wisconsin and "my place." so i know he's been at least to both of those. also, he's been to the phillyjavaco because the girl working there told me so. aside from that i know very little. of course i like it that way but my concern is that he could potentially have stories so outlandish that i actually seem boring by comparison. i feel slightly ashamed of admitting concern about being outdone, but i'm also a little excited by the prospect. (that's not, in any way, to say that the people i associate with now don't have stories. they absolutely do. it's just this guy, unless he's pulling my leg, has STORIES.)

ladies and gentleman: nathan!!


No comments:

Post a Comment