Thursday, December 30, 2010

this should have been edited and completed already.

i had no date. it was five in the afternoon and all I could do was make my eyes get all big and bug out repeatedly. I was ready to stand outside and solicit any person walking towards the street alone or with an odd number of people.
then the sea parted. within a matter of mere minutes i was quoting the salt-girl. I had gone from having no real contenders to too many. just as i was getting off the phone with my friend justin's friend's friend chris who stepped up to accompany me I got a follow-up from a previous message from quinton who came across a post on craigslist whilst looking for a schol bus to purchase (intrigue!!) all the while my friend Andy was working his magic on a friend of his: Ben. i hadn't heard from Ben yet and was, at this point, scouring the Internet and my phone book (contact list--you know what I mean) and asking everyone I knew. I'd exhausted both facebook and craigslist as well as okcupid which, for the record, has been the best resource when it comes to dating sites.
within sixty seconds it all came to a head: Quinton responded with a definite and Ben had emailed with his info while I was in a frantic initial phone call with chris. crazybones!!
   
sam and i pulled in to get the rental car and we were dying of uncontrollable laughter. parking next to a red # 40 vw new beetle i go, "that"ll be us." and boy was it.
the dashboard space in this spacevehicle is unreal. you could stores year's worth of boxed cereal in the windshield.

the condition of the bathroom in the dr. joyce brothers née kilmer rest stop set us off further. diapers--dirty ones-were just laying openfaced as would an unsavory sandwich on the tan tiled floor. we spent about twenty dollars on two orders of fries in holsters and got out of there. i almost feel like the health dept should see it. or like, life after humans on the discovery channel?  

No comments:

Post a Comment